Responsibilities: The Assistant Director of Housekeeping will work closely with the Director of Housekeeping in handling the overall day to day operations of the Housekeeping Department. This includes staff performance and productivity, maintaining quality standards, product controls, expense controls and relationships with leased operations. The Housekeeping Department is responsible for the overall cleanliness of the hotel which includes all public areas, guestrooms, courtyards, pool, meetings spaces and Pavilion.
Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Provide courteous, personalized, attentive, sincere, consistent guest service by responding promptly and efficiently to guests and associates.
- Prepare and manage the day-to-day operations of the housekeeping department.
- Ensure all employees are properly trained and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their respective job duties.
- Evaluate, coach, counsel, and provide leadership support to Staff.
- Train staff on hotel's policies and procedures.
- Conduct pre-shift meetings and review all information pertinent to the day's activities.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include Front Office, Engineering, Food and Beverage.
- Member of Leading Hotels of the World; ensure adherence to standards.
- Conduct daily property inspections; 80 rooms plus public areas to ensure adherence to cleanliness and maintenance standards.
- Schedule cleaning projects for Housemen, Overnight Housemen, Public Areas Attendants and Room Attendants.
- Ensure compliance with all safety and sanitation standards.
- Operate within expenses and minimize waste in all areas of housekeeping.
- Schedule Weekly/ Monthly Inventories; Maintain par levels for supplies and equipment. Replenish shortages and other business supplies for daily business.
- Work hand in hand with Engineering on the C.A.R.E. Preventative Maintenance Program.
- Assist housekeeping staff during unanticipated busy periods.
- Act as Housekeeping Manager in the absence of the Housekeeping Manager
- Manage the Lost & Found function of the Department
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous Housekeeping experience in a 4 or 5 diamond rated hotel or similar size and quality
- Ability to deal with internal and external guests, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information and resolve conflicts
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language is required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook
- Knowledge of safety and sanitation standards
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and administrative skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Ability to motivate people
- Ability to submit proof of legal right to work in the US if hired
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, holidays and weekends included