The Assistant Front Office Manager is instrumental in assisting the Front Office Manager to run the Front Office operation. This includes leading and managing Front Desk, Night Audit, Concierge, Valet and Bell staff in order to ensure the highest standards.
The Assistant Front Office Manager monitors the Front Office Employees to make sure all guests receive attentive and personalized service while meeting all Leading Hotels of the World and AAA Four Diamond Standards. The Assistant Front Office Manager will handle the FOM duties in her absence.
Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the Front Office Department.
- Provide courteous, personalized, attentive, sincere, consistent guest service by responding promptly and efficiently to inquiries, requests, complaints using guest service skills.
- Assists the Front Office Manager in ensuring the Front Desk Agents are properly trained and have the needed tools to complete their daily duties and to accommodate our guests efficiently.
- Understand, implement, and lead by example on hotels policies and procedures and, hotel standards.
- Evaluate, coach, counsel and provide leadership support to the team.
- Ensures the Front Desk Agents are completing their daily tasks and checklists.
- Conduct pre-shift meetings and review all information pertinent to the day’s activities.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include Housekeeping, Engineering and Food & Beverage.
- Assist the bellmen/valet staff as needed.
- When the Reservation Department is closed or during high volume of reservation calls, ensure Front Desk Agents are taking on the responsibilities of the reservation department.
- Make decisions that benefit the hotel and the hotel guests.
- Maintain system and control on rental program rotation and room assignments.
- Maintain Key Control for the hotel keys and guest keys for security purposes.
- Assist the Front Office Manager with any pending projects.
- Fill in for the Front Office Manager when he/she is not on duty
- Position participates in MOD program
- Other tasks as assigned.
- A Minimum of 2 years of Supervisory or Management Experience in the Front Office.
- Strong Communication skills. Both verbal and written.
- Computer skills.
- Multi task ability.
- Detail Oriented
- Ability to train thoroughly.