Responsibilities: Under supervision, the Staff Accountant assists the Controller in performing multiple duties related to the accounting functions of the organization within established guidelines and deadlines.
Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk for long period of time. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10-50 pounds.
Prepare, record, and process accounts payable, cash disbursement, accounts receivable and cash receipts.
Prepare allocation tables for indirect expenses and revenue items as needed.
Perform monthly bank reconciliation
- Prepare and process payroll and deductions schedules
- Assist in the posting of accounts to the general ledger for: accounts receivable, cash receipts, accounts payable, cash disbursements and payroll.
- Maintain prepaid and accruals schedules
- Assist Controller with preparing monthly County and State Sales taxes.
Maintain required records, reports, and files in an organized manner.
Perform other related duties as directed or as the situation dictates.
- Assist guests with copies of folios, folio disputes, charge inquiries, etc.
- Responsible for assist in maintaining a system of purchase orders, receipts, invoices and check requests in order to promptly and adequately support, document and process for payment all hotel payables.
- Ensure that all vendors are paid according to the agreed terms and the hotel’s policies and procedures.
- Prepare the hotel's daily bank deposits, control all House Funds, and issue, audit and maintain all House Banks according to hotel’s policies and procedures.
- An Associate Degree in accounting and one year of accounting experience, which can be gained from an internship position or previous employment.
- Must demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of the English language to effectively communicate with guests, associates, and vendors.
- • Must have comprehensive knowledge of various office accounting software. Word and Excel, Agilisys is preferred
- Ability to assist with the design and preparation of statistical reports and presentations as needed (with training)
- Ability to effectively train, supervise, and support associates regarding accounting systems, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to create and distribute departmental reports as-needed basis.
- Manage time effectively to maximize productivity(Multi-Task)
- Ability to accurately report information and analyze data.
- Ability to scrupulously follow all policies and procedures.
- Attend required meetings
- Ability to deal with internal and external guests, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information and resolve conflicts
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language is required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and administrative skills
- Ability to submit proof of legal right to work in the US, if hired
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, holidays and weekends included, if needed