Oversees the areas of the Front Desk, Reservations, Concierge, Valet and Bell staff. Works closely with the Housekeeping Manager to ensure that our guest have a positive experience. Works closely with the Director of Sales to maximize revenue by balancing rate availability. Trains and develops each team member with knowledgeable professional and personable, resulting in guest comment scores in the90 percentile.
Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- · Interviews, Hire and terminate staff
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the Front Office Department.
- Provide courteous, personalized, attentive, sincere, consistent guest service by responding promptly and efficiently to inquiries, requests, complaints using guest service skills.
- Understand, implement, and lead by example on hotels policies and procedures and, hotel standards.
- Evaluate, coach, counsel and provide leadership support to the team.
- Ensures the Front Desk Agents are completing their daily tasks and checklists.
- Conduct pre-shift meetings and review all information pertinent to the day’s activities.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include Housekeeping, Engineering and Food & Beverage.
- Issues verbal and written warning, if needed as a disciplinary action
- Conducts employee performance yearly reviews
- Understands the operations of other hotel outlets
- Build a strong Guest Service team to provide our guest with the best of service
- Make decisions that benefit the hotel and the hotel guest
- Assist the bellmen/valet staff as needed.
- Organizes a monthly Department Meetings
- Follows up on Guest Complaints
- Review hourly payroll and controls overtime when making the Front Desk schedule
- When the Reservation Department is closed or during high volume of reservation calls, ensure Front Desk Agents are taking on the responsibilities of the reservation department.
- Make decisions that benefit the hotel and the hotel guests.
- Maintain Key Control for the hotel keys and guest keys for security purposes.
- Position participates in MOD program
- A Minimum of 2 years of Supervisory or Management Experience in the Front Office.
- Strong Communication skills. Both verbal and written.
- Computer skills.
- Multi task ability.
- Detail Oriented
- Ability to train thoroughly.