Responsibilities: Director Of Housekeeping is to handle all aspects of the day to day activities of the Housekeeping Department. This includes staff performance and productivity, maintaining quality standards, product controls, expense controls and relationships with leased operations. The Housekeeping Department is responsible for the cleanliness of all public areas including pool, restaurant, guestrooms and meeting spaces.
The best candidate for this position is highly motivated and determined to execute the following operations:
Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Provide courteous, personalized, attentive, sincere, consistent guest service by responding promptly and efficiently to guest and hotel demands
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the housekeeping department.
- Schedule employees to ensure proper coverage.
- Review and approve weekly payroll reports.
- Ensure all employees are properly trained and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their respective job duties.
- Evaluate, coach, counsel, and provide leadership support.
- Train on hotel's policies and procedures.
- Conduct pre-shift meetings and review all information pertinent to the day's activities.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include Front Office, Maintenance, and Food and Beverage.
- Member of Leading Small Hotels of the World and Historic Hotels of America; ensure adherence to standards.
- Daily property inspections; 80 rooms plus public areas
- Ensure compliance with all safety and sanitation standards
- Operate within expenses and minimize waste in all areas of housekeeping.
- Maintain par levels for supplies and equipment. Replenish shortages and other business supplies for daily business.
- Work hand in hand with Engineering on the Preventative Maintenance Program.
- Assist housekeeping staff during unanticipated busy periods.
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous Housekeeping experience in a 4 or 5 diamond rated hotel or similar size and quality
- Ability to deal with internal and external guests, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information and resolve conflicts
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language is required
- Ability to communicate in Spanish is helpful
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook
- Knowledge of safety and sanitation standards
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and administrative skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Ability to motivate people
- Ability to submit proof of legal right to work in the US if hired
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, holidays and weekends included
- Position participates in MOD program