Oversees the Housekeepers, Houseman, Public Areas Attendant, Turndown, and Pool Attendant staff in the absence of the Assistant Housekeeping Manager and Housekeeping Manager. Work closely with Front Office and Engineering to ensure guest rooms are prepared for guests. Trains and develops team to service hotel and hotel rooms in a professional, efficient Five Star manner.
Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Provide courteous, personalized, attentive, sincere, consistent guest service by responding promptly and efficiently to guest needs, requests and complaints
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the housekeeping department in the absence of the Assistant Housekeeping Manager and Housekeeping Manager
- Ensure all employees are properly trained and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their respective job duties.
- Evaluate, coach, counsel, train, motivate the housekeeping Staff.
- Work as the PM Housekeeping MOD during high occupancy nights and as needed.
- Assist in directing and implementing hotel's policies and procedures.
- Conduct pre-shift meeting and review all information pertinent to the day's activities. Review the Training Topic of the Day.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include Front Office, Engineering, and Food and Beverage.
- Conduct regular inspections of guest rooms and all public areas to ensure adherence to cleanliness and maintenance standards.
- Complete Inventories; Maintain par levels for supplies and equipment. Replenish shortages and other business supplies for daily business needs.
- Schedule cleaning projects for Housemen, Overnight Housemen, Public Areas Attendants, Room Attendants.
- Assist housekeeping staff during unanticipated busy periods.
- Participate in completing property walk lists.
- Other duties as assigned
- Mange the Lost and Found items by keeping items secure and logged daily .
- Strong Communication skills. Both written and verbal
- Multi task ability
- Detail Orientated
- Ability to train thoroughly
- At least two years housekeeping experience in Hotel/Resort
- At Least one year of Housekeeping Supervisory Experience in a Hotel/Resort
- Must be able to work flexible schedule; mornings, mid day, nights, weekends, holidays.